Minimize site response time
Response times of web sites are usually slow compared with that of desktop software.
It's very helpful to minimize web site response times, to increase user satisfaction.
Some helpful techniques:
- minimize the number of graphics associated with the page
- if a graphic is necessary, consider ways of reducing its size in bytes
- seriously consider serving zipped content (all modern browsers are able to unzip pages on the fly)
- remove unnecessary whitespace
- during development, use your browser's debugging tools to show the file size and download time for each element in the page
See Also :